1. Seeking the lost is the thrust of the Father,
Seeking them in the valleys and mountains;
Bringing them back is the joy of the Father,
With joy let’s bring them back to the fountain!
Let us return now! Unto our Father!
Let us return to the Father’s bosom;
Lest we miss now our sonship in Jesus,
And get detached from the Living Father.
2. ‘Twill involve thee and everything He gave thee,
To seek the lost has always been His breath;
Go with all might and the LORD will reward thee,
Seeking the lost with thy bag full of bread.
3. Is there more bread for us in this assignment?
Do we have victual in this consignment?
How do we go with our bread already spent?
Without any evidence we are sent?
4. Shall we get lost while we go after the lost?
Can the asses be better than the sons?
And shall we lose our sonship in the work?
Seeking the lost when we’re already lost?
5. Fly, oh my soul, to the fountain of heaven,
Take thy flight now and reach for thy haven;
There shall my soul find refreshment of heaven,
Ever secured in the joy of my heaven.