1. Beyond me LORD, Thine arrows shot,
But not beyond my reach;
Thy hand, oh LORD, is never short,
Guide me Thy arrows reach.
2. Oh faithless heart, don’t look behind,
For arrows lost and rust;
Look beyond and look not behind,
For arrows never rust.
3. Make speed for now is the right time,
To thee belong this time;
Make haste to reach before the night,
For no man works at night.
4. Arrows behind will bring you back,
Arrows beside stagnates!
Forget, my soul, what is behind,
“Make haste!” the LORD proclaims!
5. Stay not among the visionless,
Proceed or thou ‘ll be less;
Reach forth my soul, the LORD impress,
Arise and do no less.
6. If Thou trust Him, the arrows ‘ll bring,
With joy upon thy face;
You ‘ll bear for Him, His armour bright,
And walk before His face.